Bedtime

The hardest part of my day with Mom is bedtime. It seems to be the most stressful for her. Most nights when we get her in bed, she always cries. I have been fretting over what it is that bothers her. Is she in pain as we move her to bed? Is she afraid of being all alone in her room? Well tonight she was finally able to tell me. As Madeline and I lifted her into the bed, and she did her usual moaning, she turned her head and kissed me on the neck. Then as we were rolling her back and forth getting her all ready, she said, "I am so grateful." She rarely says anything anymore, but she was finally able to tell us why she cries at night. For a woman who has always done so much for everyone, it is very difficult to have people do everything for her.

I reminded her that she had to change diapers for 7, while we only have to do it for 1 sweet, beautiful lady. Then we turned out the light, left her room, and I cried some more.

Comments

susieL. said…
Sooo sweet! I love you guys sooo much!
Becky said…
Too sweet! I'm right there crying with you. I'm grateful you all are taking such good care of Mom. I hope I can be like her when I grow up! Love to all. :)

Popular posts from this blog

A near death experience

Sundance: movies, music and more

Off to the MTC with Elder Nicolas Lockhart