A near death experience

Yes, it is just as it sounds. Mom and I were watching tv tonight after dinner. Becky had just called to see how mom was doing when all of a sudden Mom seemed be having a seizure. Her eyes were fixed on the ceiling and she didn't respond to me at all. I was calling her name, yelling for Scott and tried to calmly tell Becky I would call her right back.

I know this is coming, but I wasn't ready for it right then, not so sudden. As we wheeled her to the bedroom and laid her on the bed, I was sure she was going. Even Scott said it looked like she was leaving us. Her sweet face was so white. But once we got her in bed she responded better. I tucked her in and just rubbed her for awhile. She was able to say a few words, and she started crying. I, of course, was already sobbing.

Now that I have had a trial run, I will try to be more calm when she goes. I will try to make her last moments here peaceful and quiet. Something like newborn babies birthing into a pool of warm, peaceful water. I hope her last moments will be just as peaceful. I know better what to expect, what death might look like.

Comments

susieL. said…
I was telling Clint about this last night and were so glad you have her with you guys. Ray would hold his breath for like 45 seconds sometimes when he was near the end. We all kept wondering if we would be in the room and be able to notice if he passed, yet in the end he was alone in the room. Its gonna happen sometime and thank you so much for having her there! We love you guys so much!!
Patty, I know that was a scary experience, but like you said now you know more of what to expect. I am so glad you are able to take care of her and I know she is in good hands. Thanks so much for doing this for her and for all of us. Love you guys! Love from the Mendenhalls

Popular posts from this blog

Off to the MTC with Elder Nicolas Lockhart

Good moments