Still so sweet

I guess I haven't been around that many old people with dementia. But from what all the nurses and aids tell me, mom is just the sweetest lady they have seen. Just this morning, Marie asked me if she was just this happy her whole life. I guess. And seeing her throughout the whole day, she does have times where she cries. I can't tell if she's sad or scared. But it seems to be when you are doing things for her, and she definitely was use to being the one that did everything for everyone else. Remember Millie's Mother's Red Dress?

Last night when I was getting her all tucked into bed I was asking her if that was good. I had her rolled over on her side, the blankets all tucked in to hold her in place. She doesn't really say, but I was asking anyway, "Is that good?" And she replies, "That is very good." She is so sweet. I left the room and cried.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A near death experience

Sundance: movies, music and more

Off to the MTC with Elder Nicolas Lockhart